I was going to post a third Wordle poem but it turned into something, and then it became a serious piece I could submit to a particular place. Thus, there is no poem today, at least not here, but it may appear somewhere else. Or not.
Anyway, this list below are recent topics I have read about for potential creative works, or for spirally Internet rabbit hole reasons, or because I listened to a podcast:
- The play Agamemnon by Aeschylus.
- The history of Peppercorn trees in Australia.
- Scold’s bridle.
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- The Massacre of the Innocents – the art work, gospel story, the historians take on the story.
- Hrotsvitha of Gandersheim.
- Mt Lebanon during the First World War.
- Budj Bim – oldest continuously and thus sustainably farmed fishing site in the world.
- Battle of Brisbane, 1942 – a fight between US soldiers and Australian soldiers and civilians.
- Nawarla Gabarnmung – first permanent stone dwelling, and site of the oldest stone axe of its type ever found, at 35,000 years old.
Steady as she goes, the 2022 writing update:
- Rejections: 134
- Pending: 36
- Acceptances by publisher: 23
- Acceptances by work: 31
- Published: 30